The Lighter Side of JzB

Here you will find photos, poetry, and possibly some light-hearted foolishness. For the Heavier Side
of JzB
see my other blog,
Retirement Blues. (There be dragons!)

I claim copyright and reserve all rights for my original material of every type and genre.


Every day visits*
From Moose, Goose, and Orb Weaver
All seized by Haiku


"Why moose and goose?" you may ask. Back on 2/04/13 Pirate wrote a haiku with an elk in it, and I responded with
one with a moose and then included him every day. A few days later in comments Mystic asked "Where's the goose?"
So I started including her with this post on 2/07. A week later on the 14th, Mark Readfern
asked for and received a spider. The rest is history.

*Well, most days, anyway. Grant me a bit of poetic license.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Three Word Wednesday CCCVI

On Friday again.  Bear with me, it's a busy week.

This week's words:

BATTLE
FLUID
HARVEST

They fit together compactly like this.



Haiku I

I harvest the grain
Distill it into fluid
The Battle is yours

Haiku II

That generation
Called GREAT Battled with Fluid:
The Harvest of War.

Six word story

Battle
Your bottle:
The Fluid Harvest

 ~  ~  ~  ~ ~

My father's generation - those who fought in WW II were traumatized as only the battle-stricken can be.  PTSD was not recognized or understood back then, so they self-medicated.  With alcohol.

What become known as our greatest generation was a legion of drunks.

I am not making this up.


5 comments:

  1. This is very true. They didn't have any knowledge of PTSD then but, they did know what battle fatigue was and mostly just told these men to soak it up. Sad.
    RYN. The 1st pic was the late 50's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting.. that is so true, if only more was known then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all, but the 1st 2 are very powerful even without your explanation. The 1st is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes many people have self medicated with alcohol.Sad that even now some of these troops are still not getting the treatment they need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I like the Six Word Story the best

    ReplyDelete

This is a fun blog. Light-hearted banter is welcome. Snark is not. If you want to fight, find my other blog.

Play nice, and we'll all have fun.

I like to return visit, when I can - but I need to find you. If you have multiple blogs, please leave a direct link to the appropriate post.

Cheers!
JzB