The Lighter Side of JzB

Here you will find photos, poetry, and possibly some light-hearted foolishness. For the Heavier Side
of JzB
see my other blog,
Retirement Blues. (There be dragons!)

I claim copyright and reserve all rights for my original material of every type and genre.


Every day visits*
From Moose, Goose, and Orb Weaver
All seized by Haiku


"Why moose and goose?" you may ask. Back on 2/04/13 Pirate wrote a haiku with an elk in it, and I responded with
one with a moose and then included him every day. A few days later in comments Mystic asked "Where's the goose?"
So I started including her with this post on 2/07. A week later on the 14th, Mark Readfern
asked for and received a spider. The rest is history.

*Well, most days, anyway. Grant me a bit of poetic license.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Carpe Diem #133, Risshun (coming of Spring)




~1~

early in Springtime
sunlight bursting at first dawn
old snow glistens


~2~

tulips open
cherry blossoms undisturbed
first bees


~3~

two lips open
absent parents undisturbed
first kiss


~4~

icicles melt
drip from moose's antlers
cold drink for goose


~5~

crocus opens
busy spider undisturbed
weaving her round web

~:~:~

13 comments:

  1. Lovely sequence. I liked most the last three haiku

    ReplyDelete
  2. the delight of spring comes through all of your haiku and of course, I love the moose giving goose a drink ~ heart warming haiku ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that cunning, yet enterprising, goose: thirsty and knows how to quench her thirst!

    Scent of Spring Rain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for those flowers to show up! Just a single crocus would be enough to light my fire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many sets of haikus and each one better than the previous ! loved the first two sets the most :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. * i meant to include a :) at the end of my comment . typo . sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The opening of tulips is definitely a sign of spring!

    Old Willow Woman

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely series on Spring time JzB ... every haiku a little gem. I love that first haiku the most.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely set of haiku! The essence of the coming of spring beautifully captured. The first one is my favourite. Cheers!
    Gracy
    www.gracydsouza.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The third bring back so many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All lovely...special affection for cherry blossom and bees. I don't quite connect to moose. All wonderful to read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are lovely, but the third is my favourite. Young lovers should make the most of absence, as you too may one day be the parents!

    ReplyDelete

This is a fun blog. Light-hearted banter is welcome. Snark is not. If you want to fight, find my other blog.

Play nice, and we'll all have fun.

I like to return visit, when I can - but I need to find you. If you have multiple blogs, please leave a direct link to the appropriate post.

Cheers!
JzB