The Lighter Side of JzB

Here you will find photos, poetry, and possibly some light-hearted foolishness. For the Heavier Side
of JzB
see my other blog,
Retirement Blues. (There be dragons!)

I claim copyright and reserve all rights for my original material of every type and genre.


Every day visits*
From Moose, Goose, and Orb Weaver
All seized by Haiku


"Why moose and goose?" you may ask. Back on 2/04/13 Pirate wrote a haiku with an elk in it, and I responded with
one with a moose and then included him every day. A few days later in comments Mystic asked "Where's the goose?"
So I started including her with this post on 2/07. A week later on the 14th, Mark Readfern
asked for and received a spider. The rest is history.

*Well, most days, anyway. Grant me a bit of poetic license.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 

Here is my teaser, with an added senryu, to make it a bit of a haibun.

Arya lifted her gaze from the dead man and his dead dog.  Jaqen H'ghar was leaning up against the side of the Wailing Tower.

young girl's revenge
cruel justice meted out
by a faceless man


If you know anything about George. R. R. Martin's book series A Song of Ice and Fire, or the derived HBO series Game of Thrones, you'll recognize these characters.  This snippet is from the end of one of the Arya chapters on Pg 566 of the paperback edition of the second book, A Clash of Kings, and takes place during Arya's time at Harrenhal.

I've read  the currently existing 5 books, and this is my 2nd time through.  I'm on Pg 152, but my random opening took me to Pg 566, which is only about 1/3 filled with text.  The sentences immediately preceding this snippet are quite gruesome.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a fun blog. Light-hearted banter is welcome. Snark is not. If you want to fight, find my other blog.

Play nice, and we'll all have fun.

I like to return visit, when I can - but I need to find you. If you have multiple blogs, please leave a direct link to the appropriate post.

Cheers!
JzB